Saturday, November 26, 2011

Rez Pez


Before Poplar

So a couple three weeks ago I was sitting in the computer lab and another missionary offered me a piece of delicious chocolate pez candy. Now, at the time I was day dreamin' of my time when I lived on the Fort Peck Rez, back in Poplar. Back in the day when McDonalds was a basic food group, Rez Dogs were our entourage, and where people could use suran wrap as a windshield. You know, the good times... I heartily accepted his generous offer and as I glanced sideways my Rez dream ladened mind changed the lettering on the wrapper from "Pez" to "Rez". My mind started Rezzin' out things in automatically. It was awesome.  Then I started to think what if we started to do that in the Gospel? The gospel offers us great teachings and, as we live them, they will just become a natural part of what we do. Jesus said "if ye love me, keep my commandments"

After Poplar
 (John 14:15). He also said, later in that same chapter, "....he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him." (John 14:21) I love the Rez. So I do Rez'd out stuff and I think Rez'd out stuff. I also love Jesus Christ, and I know that when we fill our heads and our hearts with the teachings and love of Christ we too will have those automatic thoughts of the gospel. We will do Christ-like things and think Christ-like thoughts. Stay firm in your love of Christ (and of the Rez) and we will go from thinking and doing to knowing and becoming!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I have never been so uplifted by candy...or the rez. Great thought Elder Wood

    ReplyDelete