Thursday, June 2, 2011

Darn blogs...

So lately during the past couple three weeks I have been wondering what I could write a blog on. I have been putting it off for some time now and I needed to come unto repentance so as of right now I am going to redouble my efforts in my blog writing. I think of my past experience with blogs and I'm like, "Man I hate blogs..." But now I get to blog about the most important thing there ever was, the Gospel, not my feelings and insight on how I think Shakespeare shaped my childhood by writing "Hamlet". But one thing that I know to be true is that the fullness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ as restored by the Prophet Joseph Smith is able to help anyone in any phase of life. How? Because God loves us and knows what we need and he has provided us with the principles and ordinances that will bring us closer to Him. I testify that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is true and that the way that we can know of a surety is by reading and praying about the Book of Mormon. In John chapter 7 Jesus' kinsmen doubt that he is the son of God so Jesus says
"My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me. If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself." So if we want to know if anything that people say is true we put it to the test. So thats what we do, we invite people to put the Book of Mormon to the test and read and pray and ponder its message. I know that as you sincerely do so you will be able to know that it is true.

1 comment:

  1. I really do appreciate what you write here. It is a great spiritual pick-me-up in the hustle and bustle of life in the world. Continue to be an instrument in the hands of the Lord.

    ReplyDelete